Image Map

August Link Up

08 August 2013

The lovely ladies over at All Y'all Need have posted August's monthly Link Up, and I decided to join in! August looks like it's going to be another hectic, but fun-filled month for me, so I'm excited to get things going.Luckily/Sadly, August mean that school will be starting up again (August 26th for me)! So, going with this theme, they decided this Link Up is B.T.S (as in Back To School) to fit the feeling of this month!
Buying: I've been desperately trying to save money any way I can since the school year and all it's wonderful expenses are coming up. This was working until I hung out with a friend, and one of our destinations was Michael's craft store... I haven't done anything crafty lately and once I saw those fuzzy coloring posters I instantly bought a few to relive childhood and relax before summer is over. I also found some nice small planners for my purse!  (Still deciding what big one to get...)

Trying:  After pinning a plethora of things on my "Yum Yum" board and ordering almost the same thing at restaurants each visit, I've decided to actually try my pins and order new things. To start this, I ordered the  Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp at Applebee's when I went out with my friend. It was slightly spicier than I would've liked, but still tasty!
(Bad flash from my phone, sorry!)

Speeching: I recently finished creating posters/flyers and a presentation for my school's CSD department, and I super excited to show them to my director! They have info on why to study SLP, why study audiology, why study speech and hearing sciences, extra information sources and why you should study at my university. They took quite a bit of work and editing, so hopefully they are all set and don't need any touch ups. Despite being finished, I'm considering making another version of some of the flyers that are more text-y and less pictoral, as well as another presentation... we'll see how that goes!












You can join in on the fun or just read what others are up to HERE. It's open all month!

No comments:

Post a Comment