Image Map

Volunteering Is Almost Okay'ed!

02 April 2013

I'm sooo excited. After quite some time passing to get many papers, tests, fingerprinting orders, etc done... I'm 99% the way to volunteering at a school! This is great, as I can get more experience with kids, and some will have disabilities, and some will also meet with SLPs! So now I can get some observation hours in as well (hopefully). I've been waiting for this to happen, and now it's just about here. I love working with kids and seeing them grow, so this will just be all the better. And not only will I get something out of this, the kids will too, as I'll interact with them and possibly help with projects and such. I'll keep you guys updated as things get laid out more!

 

I suggest that if you want volunteer hours to look through every facet that you can! I found this by attending a volunteer fair, and a representative from United Way was there and she contacted the director of this program based on my preferences! So you can find these types of things everywhere, and networking helps. There were other great opportunities at the fair too, and just from looking online. So just keep looking, contacting, etc. You should find a good placement within some time! Just remember you'll probably need to do clearances and possibly some medical tests to work with certain populations. AND always comply with HIPPA!

No comments:

Post a Comment